How much should you drink?
There is no life without water - a person cannot survive long without water. A person can survive for several weeks without solid food and only three to four days without water. Our body consists of about 70% water and already loses 2.5 liters without physical exertion. However, it cannot store water. That is why it is vital to drink enough fluids on a regular basis. But what is sufficient? What do you have to consider?
The German Society for Nutrition recommends drinking at least 1.5 liters per day, in small amounts distributed throughout the day. However, individual needs can vary greatly. Anyone who does a lot of sport or is very physically active loses more water and should therefore drink more. Factors such as age, state of health, height and ambient temperature also play a role. So the 1.5 liters is just a minimum and most people need more - more like 2-3 liters per day.
At the latest when you feel thirsty, you should drink promptly. In everyday stress, the feeling of thirst can easily be neglected. Do you know that?
What happens if you drink too little water?
• Dry skin and mucous membranes
• Fatigue and lack of concentration
• limited physical performance
• confusion (in older people)
• Constipation (constipation)
• Tendency to urinary tract infections
(Source: http:// Verbraucherzentrale.de)
8 clever tips on how to drink more
Drinking enough is not only very important for our health, but also for our performance. If you also find it difficult to drink enough, here are 8 clever tips for you:
• Drink 2 glasses of water after getting up
• Always have a full water bottle with you
• Establish fixed drinking times
• Use a mobile app as a reminder
• Do drink challenges with friends and family
• Drinking checklist
• Eat water: Cucumbers are about 97% water
• End the day with a glass of water
Sometimes I drink a glass of water just to surprise my liver... We should definitely work on that! You should primarily consume calorie-free drinks: tap water, mineral water, fruit and herbal teas.
If you do need some variety, here is a Pimp My Water recipe:
• 1.5 - 2 liters of water
• Orange slices
• 1 Ginger Shot Orange-Curcuma